I like using hanging tags in my décor.
It’s a simple way to add seasonal touches to your room… they are easy to store… and fun to make.
This one would fit in perfectly with French Provincial styling.
I added this vintage tag to the dresser in my breakfast nook this week and thought there may be a few of you that would like this graphic too.
A4 printable – printed on matt photo paper (download HERE),
25cm x 10cm piece of balsa wood,
DecoArt Decopage Glue,
DecoArt Americana Acrylic – Light Mocha,
German Glass Glitter,
Crafting supplies: craft knife, steel ruler, pencil, foam brush and small #2 round brush, 1/2” flat brush, coarse nail file.
1. Cut the balsa wood to the required size. I actually cut the top corners off to make a more traditional tag shape. Balsa wood is so lightweight that it can be cut easily with a craft knife.
2. Paint the back and the side edges of the tag in Light Mocha.
3. Trim the graphic to size using the steel ruler and knife.
3. Using the foam brush, apply Decoupage Glue (or Mod Podge) to both the top of the tag and the back of the graphic. We paint both surfaces so that it is possible to move the graphic once it is on the tag. Use a squeegee or flat surface like an old credit card across the top of the graphic to ensure it is fully adhered and there are no air bubbles.
4. When the tag graphic is in place and fully dry, use the nail file to sand the edges flat.
5. Apply a coat of Decoupage Glue as a sealer over the entire graphic.
6. While the glue is still wet, sprinkle a little German Glass Glitter around the feet of the 3 girls, to make glistening snow.
7. Using a damp brush, dab the Snowtex on the top of the umbrella.
8. When your tag is fully dry, make a hole in the top centre for a ribbon hanger. I used a hole punch, but the wood is so soft you could just use a nail.
9. Make a hanger… I used cream seam binding and a sweet little rhinestone button on mine.
(Pin for later)
I hope you enjoy this project.
Happy festive crafting ~ Kerryanne
I’d love for you to connect with me at:
Follow on Bloglovin
or if you’d like my posts delivered directly to your Inbox
If you’d like a private pass to all things ‘shabbilicious, sign up today for my fortnightly newsletter. it contains personal stories, sneak peeks, recommendations, discounts and freebies.
Sign up for my newsletter HERE and don’t forget to confirm the sign up email.