If you’ve been following my blog for awhile, you know that I’m an old fashioned, apron wearing kind of girl… who cooks from scratch… most of the time.
But doesn’t every good cook have a few surprise ‘Go-To’ cheat meals!
[pin for later]
Today I’m sharing my fabulous 3 ingredient ‘cheats’ dessert.
It ticks so many boxes – quick, easy, cheap and tastes scrumptious!
If you keep the secret, no one will ever know that you spent just 10 minutes whipping up 4 gorgeous looking mini cheesecakes.
Purchased frozen French Vanilla Cheesecake,
1 punnet of fresh strawberries,
1 block of milk or dark chocolate.
I picked up all 3 ingredients at Aldi today for less than $6.
1. Wash, drain and dry your strawberries.
2. Melt chocolate in microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. Remove and stir until all chocolate is melted.
3. Dip 4 strawberries in melted chocolate and place on a foil lined plate in the fridge, while you prepare the next step.
4. Using a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut 4 rounds from your semi frozen cheesecake and place on small plates or saucers – see note.
5. Spoon remaining melted chocolate over cheesecake rounds until it starts to dribble down side of cheesecake. Place a chocolate dipped strawberry on top of each cheesecake before the chocolate sets.
Optional extra – When I serve my cheesecakes tonight, I’ll be using the leftover strawberries to make a strawberry coulis that I can dribble around the outside of the cheesecakes.
Note: I’ve found it easier to semi thaw the cheesecake in the fridge before I cut the rounds out. You want it still a little frozen so it is not gooey, but it is easier to push your cookie cutter through the cake if it is not frozen hard.
These sweet little mini desserts are perfect for a romantic Valentine dinner for two, a dinner party or even a girls night…
Because who doesn’t love cheesecake, strawberries and chocolate!
BTW… when you cut out the 4 cheesecake rounds from the main cake, there are little extra bits left over. I suggest that you toss them into the bowl of left over melted chocolate and do what any good cook would do… a taste test!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne
I’d love for you to connect with me at:
Follow on Bloglovin
or if you’d like my posts delivered directly to your Inbox
If you’d like a private pass to all things ‘shabbilicious, sign up today for my fortnightly newsletter. it contains personal stories, sneak peeks, recommendations, discounts and freebies.
Sign up for my newsletter HERE and don’t forget to confirm the sign up email.